Friday, September 23, 2011

Sept 23

Missed updating yesterday because we spent the majority of the day without internet and phone service!

I'm a TEFL volunteer, which means, aside from the wonderful, wonderful summer months, I spend a lot of my time teaching English in my school. I live in a small village and my school is equally small, around 250 students in a one story building. This is great because I get know all my kids, if not by name than at least by face, and get harassed significantly less than I might at a larger school. I can walk my halls with freedom and confidence.

The other great thing about my school is that only a year or two ago the whole thing was renovated. Everything's new! We also have really cool teachers that are all about putting up art and whatnot on the walls!



1 comment:

Nancy Raybourne said...

The school looked fantastic when I visited last March. Displays of student and teacher art brightened the walls and the Carolina blue floor was beautiful!